Thursday 17 June 2010

Following My New Website On Blogger

I've received a few emails over the last couple of weeks from readers who were used to following my this blog from within their own Blogger dashboards, and who now can't tell when I've posted something on my new site because it has no "Follow" widget there.

If you come into this category, and would like to make my blog updates appear in your Blogger reading list, it can be done. You just have to add my new site's address manually to your reading list: it's very easy, and will only take you a minute. Here's how you do it.

First, go to your Blogger dashboard and scroll down until you can see your own reading list. At the bottom of that section you'll see two buttons: "add" and "manage". Click on the "add" button: your screen will go pale and a dialogue box will open which is titled, "Step 1: Add Blogs To Follow".

Make sure the first option, "Add from URL", is selected and then, in the box below it, type in the URL for my new website, which is "http://howpublishingreallyworks.com" (only without the quote-marks). Then click on the "next" button, and you'll be asked if you want to follow publically or anonymously. Then click "finish", and you're done. From then on, all the posts I make at my new address will appear in your reading list, so you need never miss one again.

There. I told you it was easy. Now all I have to do is work out how to work the trick in reverse, so I can follow all of you lot from my nice new Wordpress dashboard. There has to be a way.

(This post is duplicated on my new site: you won't be able to comment on it here as comments are closed here now, but if you would like to say something just follow this link and you land in the right place.)

No comments: